Reminders/Lessons to Review
General Reminders from 3A:
- Competitors must stay for ALL rounds of the tournament (barring illness; it must be the intent of the competitor to compete all rounds they qualify for, if not, please do not compete that day)
- Observers may watch debate rounds, but may not flow the round.
- After the round is complete, debaters should not approach judges to discuss the round. They may, of course say the polite "Thank you for judging", but beyond that, should talk to their coaches/wait for ballots.
- Remember, in Public Forum and Parli Prep no internet is allowed. Your device must me in airplane mode.
- No use of previously prepped notes may be used during prep time
- No prep outside of the prep room. Once you are released from the prep room, go directly to your competition room and wait quietly for the round to start. (You may not be on any device or consult any others while waiting)
- If evidence is called for in the round, you must provide the complete citation, so write it down during your prep time if you intend to bring it up in round.
- If there is a problem, such as the belief that a new argument is being made in the final speech, use Point of Order rule.
- If you believe that a new argument is being made in the final speech, talk to your coach immediately after the round (but not the judge).